Friday, July 6, 2012

Final things

Today was my last full day here, and has been lovely! Time to finally blog all the stuff I haven't yet. I had a bunch of great meetings and encounters with warm and kind English people, so I know they're not all like the naysayers at the Independence Day party. It has been a great seven weeks here, all told. 


Some highlights from yesterday:



Katie and I walked across London Bridge to Borough Market to have some delicious market fare. Tower Bridge is getting into the Olympic spirit.



Walking across London Bridge; the new Shard building, now the tallest in Europe. 
Looks like a shard, indeed!



This was, with no hyperbole whatsoever, the best coffee I have ever had. 
And I've had a lot of coffee.




Following our jaunt to Borough Market, I took a bus across town to meet my friend Cressida and snapped these pix from the bus. This is the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner.


Side view, with a statue I think of Wellington himself


Above and below: Green Park



Large, prideful billboard. Not sure who they are "victorious" over but let's leave that for now



And, my own version of the photo (not by me) that provides the blog header.

No comments:

Post a Comment