Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last post


Well, London, it's been great. I got a lot of work done, made it to Spain twice in one summer, made some new friends, and saw lots of cool cultural and historical highlights. But seven weeks is a long time to be away from home, so I am pretty happy to be shipping off this afternoon. 


It's funny how when I'm in the US I'm always pretty pessimistic and critical (especially in an election year), but whenever I spend a substantial portion of time away I appreciate and remember all the good things about my own nation, rather than just the bad. America, as Leonard Cohen once brilliantly put it, is certainly "the cradle of the best and of the worst." So prepare yourselves, people, I am coming back to the cradle. 

Bob Dylan put it best:
I'm going back to New York City, I do believe I've had enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment